Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son out of hospital

Publish By Updated 06/12/2012 7:34 pm in Entertainment / no comments

 

LOS ANGELES, July 26 — Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son was released from the hospital, Maria Shriver confirmed Tuesday.

“Blessed to be able to take Christopher out of the hospital last night. What a feeling of relief to know that he’s going to be fine,” said Shriver, former First Lady of California, on Twitter.

“I will forever be grateful to the amazing doctors, nurses and hospital staff in the ICU who helped my son,” she added.

Christopher Schwarzenegger, the 13-year-old and youngest son of Arnold Schwarzenegger and his estranged wife, was in intensive care for a week after suffering a collapsed lung and multiple broken ribs in a boogie boarding accident in Malibu on July 17.

“Thanks for all your support for Christopher,” tweeted the 63- year-old former governor on his own account Monday. “It means a lot to me and to him. He’s doing much better, and we’ll have him back at full speed soon.”

The estranged couple said in a joint statement issued last week that Christopher “is surrounded by his family and friends. He is a brave boy and is expected to make a full recovery.”

Shriver filed for divorce on July 1 after Schwarzenegger confirmed his affair with their long-time housekeeper 14 years ago, with whom he fathered a son.

Married for more than 25 years, Schwarzenegger and Shriver have four children.

 

Tags

Related

  • No Related Posts
 
 
 
 
 

Copyright © 2014 NZweek. All the material on this page has the protection of international copyright. All Rights Reserved.